Thursday, July 5, 2007

So you like to write?

Hey Gang, I had to start someplace. I'm Dave.

I'm a publisher who wants to encourage kids to become authors. Real authors. I love hearing what kids have to say. I think a lot of other people in the world do too.

I'll be writing here regularly on the topic. I've put my money where my mouth is. I built a site devoted to incubating young writers, artists, musicians, inventors, and videographers. My team and I work with kids to develop their works into marketable products, and provide and entire support system to help them get their works into the market place.

Recently, my daughter Hannah used my plan to raise nearly $5000.00 to go with her choir to Australia and sing at the Sydney Opera House! She had a plan, followed it, and in less than 8 months had all the money she needed!

You can do it too. I'm here to motivate you along. Adults can chime in too.

Sincerely,

Dave Van Horn
Co-Founder
KidBookInk LLC
888-WRT-1NOW

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great site! Lots of information. Looks like a great place for kids to come who have something they want to sell. Going to go back over it and see how it really works. Does it really work? Alan

Joni said...

Hey..........my name is Joni. I'm the other co-founder of KidBookInk.
Like to know what you guys think of the site. Looking for kids who
are looking for a place to create
writings, artwork, music or videos.
Bring it on.............. we'll help you find a way to sell it!! Write in, let us know what you're thinking. Joni

Unknown said...

Al,

It works great.

Questions? dave@kidbookink.com

Our process is easy and straight forward. We encourage the family to participate together.

With two simple building blocks, coaching, and mentoring, success comes along quickly.

Whether to sell, or be recognized, the goal is to do what most people never do, get their work out there.

We're always waiting for permission from some one else, instead of giving ourself permission to do what we believe in. Peace dbvh

Colette said...

Hi Everyone,

My name is Colette and I love to write.
Dave is an amazing coach and mentor, consider emailing him and tell him about your dreams and passions. Dave has a way of making you feel.. well, like an author !

Every book has a beginning, join KidBookInk and let the journey begin.

Colette

Kyla Rich said...

Hey,
My name is Kyla I am almost fourteen and my eleven year old sister, Sammi, and I just LOVE to write. We used to write little stories but recently, we both began on out first chapter books. We read each other our stories and we think they are really good. We have been trying to find a way to get them published once we are done, but no publishers want to work with tweens and teens. Anything you have that can help us with our goal to get published? Any help is good!
Thank you,
Kyla and Sammi